Welcome to 3D printing with Fairfax County Public Library! In the last few years FCPL has purchased nine 3D printers located at branches around the county with more on the way. We're excited to offer public use of these printers to anyone looking to create objects for school projects, use around the home, or just for fun!
In this guide you'll find:
- Information about the 3D printers FCPL uses, their locations, build plate volumes, and the type of plastic filament we use
- How to scale down large objects to fit smaller printers and combine small objects into one 3D file to print
- Events to help assist you with learning more about 3D printing and building your own shapes
- Recommend reading from our online catalog and links to useful websites
This guide is intended for:
- Hobbyists of all kinds
- Do-it-yourselfers needing simple repairs
- Students and aspiring engineers
- Anyone else looking to build something neat out of plastic using a computer!