This year, we're celebrating your unique story and the stories that have impacted you.
Show off your film making skills thisTeenTober! Create a short film that showcases your creativity. This year, we're accepting films that showcase daily life during COVID-19. Here's how you get involved:
Step 1: Make an awesome film!
Step 2: Upload your film to YouTube
Step 3: Email the link to your YouTube video submission to LibTeenServices@fairfaxcounty.gov with the subject line "Teen Film Festival-Your Name"
Step 4: Attach your signed submission form to your submission email.
Open to teens age 13-18. Winners will be voted on by teens in Fairfax County during this year's TeenTober celebration. Winners will be announced on October 30th.
Submissions accepted June 12-August 14
12th Annual For Love of Country© Essay and Poetry Contest: “Why Vote?”
The Fairfax County Public Library and The For Love of Country© Foundation invite rising 7th, 8th, and 9th graders to participate in “For Love of Country©: In my own words” for a chance to win up to $100! Just create an essay or poem on the topic: “Why Vote?” Entries may be submitted from June 12 to August 14, 2020.
Fairfax County Public Library will distribute multiple awards in each of the following categories:
Rules & Guidelines:
1) All students entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grade as of August 2020 are eligible for the contest.
2) All work submitted must be original work.
3) One entry per student is permitted (one essay or one poem).
4) Essay work will be judged on:
Poetry will be judged on:
5) Submit one copy of your work by clicking here and completing the online form. Only Word documents or PDFs will be accepted. No Google Docs, please.
6) The winners will be notified by September 25th. Prizes will be awarded in October. Awards ceremony details to come.
7) Essays/poems will not be returned.