Readers can write reviews any time. Once reviews are approved by staff, they appear to other readers:
- Ages Birth-12 see other readers their own age who are younger or older by two years.
- Ages 13-17 see other readers within this age range.
- Ages 18+ see other readers in this age range.
This is an extra feature; no badges/rewards are earned, but it does introduce other readers to the books you are reading!
How to write reviews:
NOTE: If a review has not been approved by staff, it is only visible to the author of the review.
- Go to fairfaxcounty.beanstack.org.
- Sign into your account. From there, you will be taken to the Reader Dashboard.
- Look in the upper left-hand corner of the Reader Dashboard. Click on Write a Review.
- Select the reader who is writing the review under Select a Profile.
- Write your review and click Save. Your review will be saved.
- To close the window, click the X in the upper-right hand corner.
- To see your review, go to your Reader Dashboard and click Reviews.
- There are two tabs in this section:
- <Reader’s Name> Reviews: Displays all the reviews you have written.
- Peer Written Reviews: Displays all reviews — yours and other participants — that have been submitted and approved.