Discover more information for and about young learners here.
- Colorín Colorado (WETA) is a bilingual site for educators and families of English Language Learners.
- Kid's InfoBits is available for the research needs of students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a graphic interface, a subject search, and full-text, age-appropriate magazines and newspapers on current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Saroj Ghoting's storytime resources offers early literacy research and applications for early childhood educators and librarians.
- Scholastic Go! provides credible, accurate, reliable content on almost every core-curricula subject, Scholastic GO!® offers endless resources for research in a multitude of media. Explore nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-navigate digital resource designed to strengthen content knowledge, vocabulary, and core proficiency skills.
- Fairfax County Office for Children works in partnership with families, educators and community organizations as well as other partners across Virginia to support the school readiness of our county's youngest children.
- The Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) supports quality early childhood education programs for children at risk for school failure. Families with income at, or below 200% of poverty, with children who are four years old by Sept. 30 of the school year and who live in Fairfax County or the city of Fairfax are eligible for participation in VPI.
- Virginia Milestones for Child Development is a guide to young children's learning and development from birth to kindergarten.